Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Positive Thinking: An Attempt

Okay, I said I wasn't going to blog this until it happened, but after yesterday I've decided to go for broke.  Because yesterday a bunch of hell happened on this same subject, and my husband said, "I KNEW this would happen!" which makes me wonder if he was secretly sending negative energy behind my back.  So today I'm going to be positive as Polyanna.

Today I'm going to sell a house!

We used to live in a small town that has many good attributes, but few which remained evident to us, and so in what really was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing moved two and a half hours away.  (Both towns are in Iowa, so I got to keep my moniker.) It was classic Us.  We sat down in January of 2004 with legal pads and spreadsheets and soberly decided that we could afford to move in five years.  Then in February we moved anyway. 

It all worked eerily well -- Dan applied for a job, thinking it was a long shot, then got an interview so we checked out the town and a few houses, then he got the job so we came back and bought one.  We settled right in, and we love our new town.  Everything worked great, except that house I'm selling?  That's the one we left 18 months ago.

It's not fun to pay two mortgages for eighteen months.  We've had exactly two offers on the house: one that had so much bad juju attatched to it that we let it go, and a second one that we accepted.  We're officially losing $12k on the house, which is so much better than owning two houses, let me tell you.  Yesterday's hell came in trying to get that $12k to the bank holding the mortgage on the house we're selling.  I think it worked out.  I'm really not sure yet, but people kept telling me not to worry, so I stopped.  Today I have a new motto: Everything is going to be great!

So, today the money I need to get there will get there.  Today I will sell my house.  Today I will dance in the street and sing kumbaya.  And, I guess, today I will start paying down that $12k we borrowed to sell the house.  Hey, better than double mortgage.

Positive thinking.  It's either going to work, or it will be a higher place to jump from and kill myself if this doesn't go through.  See?  Always thinking ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home