Friday, August 05, 2005

Cleaning up my act

Today is cleaning day, partly because it's time, partly because I've been thinking about it, and partly because it's good physical orientation to get a mental echo of the same, sort of like redoing the collage. And partly because Dan has been doing a lot of dishes lately and is being patient, but I see that folding soon.

So my office is organized, except for the closet which I'm not doing today. That's the stack of TBR, the story notes, and anything else I don't want to look at. But other than that, the entire top floor of the house is clean. Even the upstairs toilet and tub are clean. I feel victorious. Next is to vac the stairs, where I'm sure I'll collect enough cat hair to make a sixth cat. And you know, already I feel my head centering back up. I could work in this office, as opposed to the office I had when I woke up this morning, which made me think mostly, 'This place is a pit.' Also, there's just something nice about NOT seeing hair on the back of the toilet. But this is the second "big organization" I've done this week, the first being to redo my collage.

I need to get some better pictures of it, and I can't figure out how the heck to link a picture here, so try this.  It's blurry, but you get the idea.  This collage is much smaller than my original,  alot more organized, and less ADHD.  I'm sure you can't see it well, but there are these Goya cut outs all over Jonathan's side, which I'm really excited to explore.

Of course, I have to stop cleaning so I can start revising.

Having a hard time with the reentry into Iowa life.  I can't stay off the net and want to stay up late writing and doing email, but -- hey, dishes.  Family.  Friends that don't know what a conflict lock is.  Always a struggle to maintain balance.  And so my family contribution today shall be cleaning.  Doing laundry.  Playing with Anna.  And then maybe tonight starting in on the revision, and then more tomorrow, because the house might need picking up, but underneath should be clean.  In theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home